Sherwood Surveying & S.U.E., LLC is seeking a qualified Lead Subsurface Utility Engineer (SUE) Technician located at our Spring Branch, Texas location. This position is responsible for designating buried utilities using advanced geophysical technologies and applications. Accurately interprets subsurface information while in the field as well as processing data findings. Applicant must be familiar with and have worked within the guidelines of ASCE 38-02. Applicant must have intimate knowledge of all quality levels within ASCE 38-02. Adheres to all safety guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Insures the safety of all crew members, clients, and the public.
- Working knowledge of utility line locating equipment (SUE designating).
- Research utility company records and use this information to perform field observations.
- Understanding of project goals, scope of work and client expectations.
- Excavates utilities and follows all applicable guidelines for scope of work.
- Safe operation of company vehicle.
- Operates and maintains Surveying and SUE equipment.
- Interpret subsurface information in the field and during post processing.
- Communicates findings and analysis.
- Will require overnight travel out of town.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Maintains a professional image.
- Supports both Surveying and SUE departments. Requires cross training of both Surveying and SUE duties.
Required Experience, Education and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Subsurface Utility Locates
- The ability to effectively communicate with all fellow employees both in written and verbal format
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match